The other night as I was scarfing down a delicious freezer burrito, I had the thought "you need to go to the temple." At first I kind of just brushed the idea off because I literally had homework exploding out of my ears. But again, I had the same thought, "go to the temple."
This time I listened and went straight downstairs to change into a dress.
As I sat in the chapel waiting to do baptisms I read out the the book of Alma. I had read the familiar words a million times before, but this time when I read them I felt as though the words were meant just for me.
"The Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors."
THE LORD IS PROUD OF OUR EFFORTS.
I often find myself feeling inadequate of the Lord's blessings because I am not "perfect enough."
But that's the beauty of the gospel, we don't have to be perfect!
Elder Holland once said, "With the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength of heaven to help us, we can improve, and the great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don't always succeed."
No concern is to small to take to the Lord in humble prayer. He is proud of our valiant efforts and delights in our small, everyday wins.
ALLLLSOOO,
I finally got new Chacos.
*happy claps*
xo
dall
No comments:
Post a Comment