The other day as I logged onto my blogger profile, I noticed that my page views had literally SKYROCKETED.
When I first started blogging, I didn't do it because I wanted to become "internet famous" (and that's still not the reason why I do it :) ) I never did think of myself as a good writer, or interesting enough to upkeep a blog. In fact, when I started blogging only 3 people knew about it; my mom and 2 of my good friends.
I didn't publicly "announce" that I had a blog until May of this year.
I still don't think I have the most adventurous or interesting life
and I still don't blog for personal gain or internet "fame."
So why do I blog?
There is something about blogging that makes me feel so vulnerable. And that vulnerability is so addicting! <--- (hahaha, that makes me sound like such a noob)
I love keeping a journal and then looking back on what I said and the pictures and memories that I created.
I simply just love getting my thoughts out there! And not just any old thought, but my raw, crazy, and ambitious thoughts.
I look forward to developing my writing skills through blogging and want to thank all of you guys for reading my blog! (the good, the bad, the ugly! all of it!)
Having over 1,500 page views is a pretty dang awesome for an armature blogger like me!
THANK YOU!!!
*internet hug 2 U*
...
ANYWAYYY,,,
I have been really REALLY crappy at keeping up during the summer, so hopefully I can catch up a little bit.
I went to St George last week(ish) and it was such a BLAST!!
We went golfing at a nearby golf course and it was so freakin hot. Plus I am the worst golfer in the history of the world, so that was cool.

Hot Dogs or Legs?
hahaha, my mom and I would always ask that when we went to the pool. We are pretty much hilarious.

On our way to St George we stopped at the Payson, Utah temple to do baptisms! It was absolutely STUNNING inside! (and out, obviously)
On one of the days a bunch of us went to Zion National Park. THE WEATHER WAS PERF.
We hiked to Observation Point, which was totally worth it.
It's probably one of my favorite hikes...like ever.
It's probably one of my favorite hikes...like ever.
My tiny lunch date. He was a quick little bugger.
We were so so sweaty, but beyond happy to be there!
We ended Zions on a sweet note with some strawberry milk! If you look closely it says lactose free. wtf. this isn't even real milk. whatevs. it was still good.
So what exactly do you do in St George if it's almost always 100 bloody degrees? You swim. And then swim again. and again. and again...
...and then you eat some ice cream.
(*side note* NIELSEN'S FROZEN CUSTARD IS ABSOLUTELY DIVINE. my favorite is the hot fudge concrete!)
that awkward moment when your legs blend in with the sand.
While my uncle was snapping this pic of me my sister said "You look like Gollum!"
Thanks Dre. I love you too my 'precious'
ok, so she might be right. but on the real, I felt like I was birthing myself while coming out of this lava cave.
Sooo later that night Drea and I decided that we needed to be more spontaneous, so we went to IHOP at midnight.
It was great.
...and then on the way home I got pulled over because I didn't have my car lights all the way on. So that's cool. *not*
I bet you can guess how pathetic we must have sounded when we said that we had gone to IHOP and that our parents knew where we were. #NotARebel
The officer asked me if I would call my mom, just so that he could make sure that she knew where we were. So I reach over and grab my phone and see that she had texted me 4 minutes before and said:
This text saved my life guys.
The officer must have read it over my shoulder because he just kind of laughed and told us to get home quickly and that he didn't need to call our mom.
Phew, thank you angel mother.
so yeah, life is great now that I have gone on a much needed vacay.
Not going to lie, the hardest part of vacation was keeping up on shaving my legs...
#RealLife
I also probably ate my body weight in watermelon. Is that bad?
Sorry for this insanely long blog post. I sometimes just have a lot to share.
xo
dally wally templeton













No comments:
Post a Comment