This summer I have gained a much greater testimony and love for the scriptures.
Each time I read the Book of Mormon I try to get something new out of them. This time I am highlighting the members of the Godhead in yellow.
I am a very visual person, so seeing the yellow marks on the page is a great reminder to me that God is ever present in our lives.
One of my favorite parts in the Book of Mormon is 2 Nephi 31-32 when the Doctrine of Christ is outlined. The other day during institute we talked about what the Lord expects of us as His disciples. He expects us to not only obey His commandments, but to go above and beyond; endure!
One of my favorite quotes (which is written at the top of the page on the right side) is:
"In order to receive the greatest of all blessing of out Heavenly Father, which is eternal life, we must complete the appropriate ordinance work and then continue to keep the associated covenants. In other words, we must successfully endure."
Enduring does not mean surviving, white knuckled. Rather, living the gospel will bring the most satisfying and rewarding "journey" though mortal life. I'm serious. The standards of the church and the perspective of the righteous is MUCH different than that of the world. The world lives in fear and turmoil with temporary happiness. The plan of our Father is peace and progression, which result in eternal joy.

Another way that I mark my scriptures is using these cute lil stickers called HolyTabbs.
I really love this system because is corresponds with the Preach My Gospel book. Basically when you find a scripture that you really like you can "tab" it with a sticker under whichever category it seems to fit under. Each of the different colors (blue, orange, green, purple, etc) are for each of the PMG sections. These sections are then divided up into smaller "sub sections." For example, the sub sections that describe the Plan of Salvation (orange) are 1. Pre Earth Life 2. The Creation 3. Agency & The Fall. and so on...
The idea is to make it easier to find scriptures about a certain topic, which is super great. Once you have "tabbed" several pages, you get these stacks of the same color and they all relate back to each topic.
Pretty nifty, eh?
So yeah, that was pretty dang random. There is just something about actually seeing the scriptures come alive that I absolutely love.
Happy Marking!
dal
No comments:
Post a Comment