Monday, May 30, 2016

graduation week

Hello beautiful people of the internet web. 
I have some really freaking awesome news.

GRADUATION IS THIS WEEK.
IT IS FINALLY HEREEEE.
 I AM SOOO HAPPY.


Last Sunday was Seminary Graduation, which was really neat. I was actually the only one in my ward to graduate, crazy huh?!
Seminary ROCKS.
I cannot think of a better way for the youth of the Church to develop their spiritual strength and gain a testimony of their own than by going, participating, and receiving all of the glorious blessing that seminary has to offer.  
This year in seminary we studied the Old Testament. Our theme for the year was Isaiah 41:10

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

POWERFUL.
I absolutely ADORE this scripture. It gives me such hope and reassurance that God is mindful of me ALWAYS. 
One of my most favorite quotes from our prophet Thomas S. Monson is:

"Some of you may at times have cried out in your suffering, wondering why our Heavenly Father would allow you to go through whatever trials you are facing.
Our mortal life, however, was never meant to be easy or consistently pleasant. Our Heavenly Father knows that we learn and grow and become refined through hard challenges, heartbreaking sorrows, and difficult choices. Each one of us experiences dark days when our loved ones pass away, painful times when our health is lost, feelings of being forsaken when those we love seem to have abandoned us. These and other trials present us with the real test of our ability to endure."

May I just add that we do not have to endure our trials alone? That is the literally the entire reason for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am eternally grateful for the strength and overwhelming peace that the Atonement brings into my life.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee."

 okay, so back to what I was originally talking about, GRADUATION.
So the other day I handed out my graduation announcements as well as mailed them off to family and friends. WELLLL,,, after all was said and done I realized that they said graduation was on TUESDAY, June 2 when they were supposed to say THURSDAY, June 2. 
Embarrassing, right? Yikes.
Apparently senioritis can become fatal enough that you put the wrong date on your announcements. Does that mean that I can graduate 2 days earlier?? 
 


!!SPOILER ALERT!!
Being a homeowner comes with responsibility.
Shocker, right?!
Even if you are just a "fill in" homeowner, you have responsibilities.

This weeks responsibilities included (but were not limited to):
1. Picking/pruning back 3 droopy fruit trees. 
2. Mowing the lawn (his yard is HUGE, just for the record)
3. Remembering to water ALL of the house plants (there's like...17)
So far so good. Nothing is dead, so that's a good sign. :)













This past week I also had the great fortune of going with my sister to get her Patriarchal Blessing. She's a pretty incredible woman, let me tell ya.
Before she got her blessing, the Patriarch asked my parents and I to say why we love Drea (my sista). 
After the blessing was over, the Patriarch pulled Drea and I to the side and said that he has never seen any sisters that are as good of friends as Drea and I.
AAAAWWW.
my heart. 

I sure do love this silly little waggle. 
**also, just as a side note, Drea and I totally binge watched Cupcake Wars before bed and stayed up WAYYY past our bedtime talking about funny words.**

Anywhooo. Here are some grad pics.
Wearing the gown makes me feel like I'm in a gospel choir LOLZ.
 


And in case you were wondering...
I'M STILL A HAPPY-AS-A-CLAM DOG MOM.


hags
dal gal

No comments:

Post a Comment