Okay, so this post title lied a little bit. (but just a little tiny bit).
Dinner wasn't a COMPLETE failure.
So my mom needed to take my sister to basketball practice tonight so she put me in charge of making dinner. Cashew chicken, simple enough right? WRONG! In my defense, this was a new recipe that we had never tried, we found it on the internet (darn you internet). I was 100% following the recipe, I mean I was RELIGIOUSLY following the instructions because I DID NOT want to mess this up. Well the chicken was covered in a cornstarch mixture, which caked onto the bottom of the pan. It wasn't burned *yet* but it created a film of chicken slime.
((That is a really nasty way of phrasing that. I apologize.))
So I just keep stirring the chicken and adding the other ingredients (like rice vinegar, teriyaki sauce, garlic, scallops, etc.) and I begin to notice that the chicken film on the bottom of the pan was turning a darker shade of tan-ish brown. So I turn the heat down a couple of notches and continue to mix and toss the chicken.
Then half of the bottom of the pan burns.
So here I am trying to stir the chicken concoction on only one side of the pan. Sounds like fun, right?
When the chicken was done, I turned off the heat, added the cashews and moved the pan to a different element.
I wait like 15ish minutes and then decide to eat, so I move the pan to a little pot holder thing.
Apparently that was a bad idea (see above picture)
So yeah, that was cool.
My domestic card had momentarily been shredded. But it's okay because on another night I will make a dinner that will blow everybody's socks off. Just you wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment