Change is something that nobody can dodge. It's bound to happen to everyone. And your attitude about change seems to be half the battle.
As most of you probably know, my family recently moved homes. It was so bittersweet to leave our old yellow home and all of our sweet neighbors, but also SO exciting to finally move into a neighborhood with kids our age.
I have especially felt like so much "change" has been going on in my own life.
I start college in the fall and I don't know anyone else who is going to my same school
I started a new job
I don't live at home
I have to manage my time around work and yard work
My best friend is leaving in 23 days and won't come back for 4 months
I need to find a FEC (future eternal companion ;) )
I will soon start going to a singles ward where I know absolutely NO ONE
I would be lying to you if I told you that I wasn't nervous about my future. The truth is that I am completely petrified.
As the oldest child and first generation college student in my family, I feel like I have a lot that is expected and required of me. But you want to know what? Even though I'm nervous and uncertain about what the future has in store for me, I'm also so excited!
I get to go to college. What a huge blessing that will be in my life.
I have a great job!
I have the opportunity to live on my own and learn self reliance first-hand.
My best friend has a once in a life time opportunity to serve in China.
I love love. So waiting for my FEC is teaching me patience. (darn you patience!)
I have to opportunity to meet new people in the singles ward! Who knows, maybe I'll meet my FEC there!
It is always so much easier to be a Negative Nellie and feel bummed out about your life, SO SO much easier. I totally get that. But that won't change your situation.
POSITIVE THINKING CAN.
Your crappy situation won't just vanish because you were positive, but you will be better able to see your hard situations as OPPORTUNITIES rather than burdens.
See trials and setbacks as stepping stones, learning opportunities, and a time to reflect.
Also, a hot fudge concrete from Nielsens Frozen Custard will usually help you get back on your feet and prepare you to take on any situation. I'm being serious, the custard has super powers!
xo
dal
No comments:
Post a Comment