lolz, did you see what I did there? ahhh, I crack myself up.
I am a huge fan of chivalry. Like, a HUGE fan. The way my date treats me is what makes or breaks the entire deal. SOOOO...I have decided to teach my brothers at a very young age how to treat girls. One night Brad and I went to Applebee's and had dinner. I am happy to report that he opened ALL of my doors and even escorted me around. Isn't he so stinking handsome?
I also couldn't help but laugh when he ordered a corn dog and fries. Hahahaha, we'll have to work on branching out before he turns 16!
Then there's baby Coltie Pie. He is a dreamboat. When I asked him where he wanted to go for dinner he said, "JIMMY JOHN'S!!!"
Clearly I have taught him well.
My BFF cousin leaves tomorrow to go on his mish and I could not be more happy for him. He will, without a doubt, do great things in Long Beach! His farewell talk was superb and he radiates the light of Christ EVERYWHERE he goes. I am so so so proud of him.
"No message appears in scripture more times, in more ways than, 'Ask, and ye shall receive.'"
-Boyd K. Packer
This, my friends, is SO significant.
Don't just 'hope' or 'expect' things to happen. If we pray for things that not only seem logical, but also for the very desires of our hearts, WE WILL RECEIVE ANSWERS. I could go on and on about my testimony of prayer, but I won't (not in this post at least).
PRAYER WORKS.
"...ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places...let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto Him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you." (Alma 34:26-27)
I absolutely LOVE the fact that we can pray to Him about ANYTHING. "Ask God, not Google."
The other day one of my friends offended me and I was really upset and disappointed. I prayed for my heart be softened and to know how I could feel less angry at this person. My answer came almost immediately. "Forgive them."
In order to develop the Christlike attribute of CHARITY, I needed to forgive. I caught a glimpse of what Christ must feel for us. I mess up all the time and what does He do? He forgives me and loves me with such a perfect love. Although I will never fully understand Christ's love for all of His children, I do know that His love is enabling and that we are always worthy of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment