Friday, October 30, 2015

Dear Future Husband

I love love.


I love marriage.


& I love lessons in seminary about marriage and dating.

Lucky for me, we just had a lesson on marriage in seminary.



Bro Dalton asked us to think of some attributes that we want in a future spouse. Wanna know what was on my list? (p.s. this is in no particular order)


Be a returned missionary
Hold and Honor the Priesthood
Worthy of a temple recommend
like ketchup
Cultivates healthy family relationships (especially with his momma!)
Be my best friend
Value education
Be trustworthy and honest
Open doors for me (cause, SWOON)
Committed to Spiritual Growth
Have manners
Worthy of Church Callings
Wants to marry in the Temple.
Want to have children (p.s. I want A LOT of kiddos, so you’ve gotta be REAL good with kids.)

Full Tithe payer
Hardworker
Likes the outdoors & going on adventures
Smiles often
Like LOTR & Watching Psych <3
Makes me laugh
Respectful & Smart
Attend church meeting
Confident
Handyman. I do not know squat about cars. Or tools. SOS
Encouraging
Patient


“Marriage is one giant date, choose your date wisely.” -Bro Dalton



After we made our lists and talked about why these attributes are important to us, he told us that we need to BECOME THE KIND OF PERSON THAT WE WANT TO MARRY.


The gospel is truly the best way to a happily ever after. I’m so grateful for the example that my parents are to me and for their eternal marriage. I am continually amazed by the Lord’s knowledge and timing. Many times I will have questions or trials in my life and the Lord puts the exact person in my life who says the exact words that I need to hear. Even more often, I receive answers to my prayer while in seminary.
The Lord is all knowing and will sometimes give me an answer BEFORE I have a question. Sometimes I will have a YWs lesson on a specific topic and later that week I will recognize why I had that lesson.
I feel so incredibly blessed to have the knowledge that my Savior knows me, INDIVIDUALLY. The Lord is real. He really does answer our prayers. He knows our hearts and is a lover of our soul. HE IS THE PERFECT MATCHMAKER, SO TRUST IN HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment